Thursday, January 7, 2010

Are color safe shampoos and conditioners better for your hair regardless if you colored your hair or not?

i was just wondering because it has extra protein so shouldn't it be better for your hair than regular shampoo and conditioner?Are color safe shampoos and conditioners better for your hair regardless if you colored your hair or not?
Cosmetologist here.


I will tell you that I use a sulfate free shampoo that is especially for color treated hair...and wow it has really made my color last a lot longer.


I have no doubt that these products are better for whatever type of hair you would use on as long as they are professional kind...which would in turn be ph balanced.


Sulfate free shampoos means basically they are made with the mildest amount of surfactant/cleanser you can put in shampoo. Very gentle...but I will tell you they are not a bubbly as the others if that matters to you.


Hope my advice has been useful!!Are color safe shampoos and conditioners better for your hair regardless if you colored your hair or not?
I should try the Joico Line- specifically KPAC. My hair lady swears by it and so do I- she got me hooked about 4 years ago. They do have protein in them- the intensive mask is really good too ; )
They are just more gentle. So yes, unless you have very oily hair a color safe shampoo is great for everyone. Shampoo molecules go into the hair shaft, attach themselves to molecules of dirt and oil, and wash out. So shampoo cleans hair, that is all it does. Drugstore conditioner, color safe or not is crap, so avoid it. There is no point to a color safe conditioner unless your hair is colored, unlike the shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment