Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is the best and safest cat shampoo brand?

I was told that different coat colors need different kind of shampoo. I also heard that a good cat shampoo is the one that is made only for cats, not for cats and dogs. Is it true? I have a silver Persian cat, so what's the best and safest brand?


I live outside the US, so not every brand is available in my place.What is the best and safest cat shampoo brand?
I'd give my Vet a call- they probably sell some kinds there or can recommend a brand. When I needed to hurry up and give my cat a bath one time, my Vet said baby shampoo was fine. That makes sense because it's so gentleWhat is the best and safest cat shampoo brand?
Persians are wonderful cats, aren't they?





Cats should not be bathed too often. They groom themselves, although Persians seem to often forget that! It can dry them out too much and also lead to more shedding and more matting, particularly with that Persian double coat!





The best grooming is brushing for a Persian. If you find that you have one that does not clean their feet, face or butt, you can address those specific areas instead of bathing the entire cat.





For feet, those wipes they make for babies work great. Brush the feet to remove any loose litter and then wipe with those wipes until clean. Take a clean cloth with just water and wipe off any of the cleaner. Although the cleaner is safe, the taste may discourage kitty from grooming her feet. Leaving them wet will encourage her to groom them dry.





For face, they make some wonderful NATURAL cleaners. You can get them in towels, drops, pads, just about anything. I like the towels for persians so you can get into those little crevices by the face.





For the butt, I use a hygeine clip. I shave the butt area close and about 1-2'; up the tail. This gets those fluffy butts clear of the potty mess. Baby wipes also work there, again, washing off with damp towel. But I suggest drying the butt as much as possible, no one like a wet booty.





Groom kitty daily, her fur will stay wonderfully clean and silky. At most I bathe my Persians twice a year with this maintenance.
Depending on where you live perhaps you can get Dawn Dishwashing Liquid? It is safe and effective for cats and even kittens as well as being inexpensive. It is also an effective flea killer and deterrent.
http://www.petcaretips.net/cat-shampoo.h鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment