Monday, December 28, 2009

Is it Safe to Shampoo a Couch/Loveseat?

We had recently moved, but had to temporarily leave some of our furniture in our old house... we are now ready to move them into the new house, but found mice had made themselves cozy on our couch and loveseat!! Can't afford new furniture right now and am hoping it is SAFE to shampoo the couch and loveseat to clean them before bringing them here to the new house. Has anyone ever shampooed their couch before? Is it safe to do with regular rug type cleaners? Will the foam cushions get moldy inside? Any input or tips would be helpful... Thanks!Is it Safe to Shampoo a Couch/Loveseat?
I second the steam cleaner, and I'd probably go over it three or four times (mice! yuck!). I wouldn't use Febreze, though - that stuff is just nasty cheap perfume, it doesn't control anything.





Is it Safe to Shampoo a Couch/Loveseat?
I have never used shampoo before but do have a suggestion for you that I do use.





I rent a carpet cleaner with the upholstery cleaner attachments. I usually use Tide with bleach and sometimes just a bottle of **** and Span. These both work wonders. And then I finish up by going back over the carpet and furniture with a quality fabric softern. I perfer downy with the febreez additive.
DO NOT shampoo them. Rent a steam cleaner and uphostery solution to clean them.
There are some good Spray Cleaners like Resolve. I have found them valuable. Foam may be best so the items do not get too soaked.


And when all is clean and dry, I would use Febreze and spray it on under and everywhere.





Hope to have helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment